Monday, March 22, 2010

True Transparency: Part 2

I'm in Charlotte right now, on business, and I thought I'd take this opportunity to note the stark difference between my food consumption on the Dallas trip, highlighted in the last post, and the Charlotte trip.

The first major difference is I'm not eating out on this trip. Already a plus. All the food necessary to provide the following menu for me for 4 full days was acquired for $33 at Food Lion.

-Breakfast-
OJ, Banana, Bowl of Quaker Oatmeal Squares w/ skim milk

-Lunch-
Propel, Smuckers pre-made PB & J sandwiches, Gushers, Apple

-Dinner-
Coke Zero, and either Digorno 200-cal pizza slices or Healthy Choice Chicken/veg/rice

-Snack-
Don't you know it's that cereal again with them there Oatmeal Squares (I typed this with the accent of Bruce from Family Guy in mind)

While this menu selection is a drastic improvement from the menu selections of previous work trips, I understand that it's a little easier to tackle a healthier menu for a four-and-a-half day trip than it is a 20-day trip. Still, I think the juxtaposition of what I ate on these two different trips is mildly, if not extremely entertaining.

-m-

1 comment: