Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Best Buy Commercial


Best Buy commercials are typically yawn fests that frustrate me beyond belief.  I think they frustrate me most because I don't think Best Buy is ever the best buy.  Their commercials are just vehicles used to schmooze technology-inept Americans into services they don't need (ahem... Geek Squad) and products that are most assuredly cheaper online (i.e. their entire stock).

I will confess: we bought our last TV from Best Buy.  I'm not saying they don't have deals... occasionally.  What I am saying is their ads are obnoxious because I can't stand the thought of millions of technology zombies continuing to be fooled into taking their computers to Geek Squad, even if just one more time, because they don't know how to transfer the files from their old computer to the one that they believe they just best bought.

What's that?  No, of course this doesn't have anything to do with the fact that this store once detained me and had Fairfax County Police frisk me because they thought I had put a video game in my pants -- despite having purchased $600 in car stereo equipment only moments before and despite the fact that they didn't have a single camera showing me do it.  (By the way, if there are any car stereo thieves reading this... you are too late...  one time I parked my car in downtown Atlanta and, well, you know the rest!).

All frisking aside, whoever is making their current commercials is making me laugh.  I saw this commercial on TV yesterday and I think it is hilarious:


You got the wrong TV, silly head.

No comments:

Post a Comment